When form meets function
I began as an artist with a goal; making creative interactions. Before the introduction of the personal computer, I'd spend a lot of resources on my work with little exposure. Technology advanced and I began using digital mediums to try new ideas; finally landing in the web.
After 20 years of writing code, I've found my purpose in life; to not only produce but to also pass this knowledge to others.
UX Engineer Compass
- Co-owner of the Constellation (CX) design system, used by product designers and engineers to maintain consistency in look and feel of applications across the platform.
- Designed and engineered production-ready, framework agnostic, isometric components for site-wide implementation and use.
- Liasion between not only product and engineering but also the creative, marketing and communication departments to help inform other departments of strategies behind product and engineering.
- Developed curriculum for students learning HTML/CSS/JS.
- Lessons included anonymous feedback element to gauge progress in real-time.
- Weekly 101 courses along with more progressive sessions.
UX Designer & Frontend Developer Itemize
- Wireframed, designed and developed the new responsive web application from legacy framework.
- Coordinated with software engineers to develop upgraded internal tools and interfaces to maximize efficiency.
- Lead the documentation of technical specifications for all new consumer functionalities and requirements.
As an instructor, I've gotten wonderful feedback from my students. My teaching style is unorthodox but very effective in comforting non-programmers into handling code confidently.
I went from hating programming post-college, to strongly reconsidering a career as a programmer.— Akeem Lawrence
View more testimonials
Donnie rolled through the basics, drew some boxes on the chalk board, and brought a whole room of beginners up to speed and had us coding within an hour.— Logan Willams
The following embeds are a few small components and interactions I've built. The majority of my public work is onset by inspiration from other artists, a need that I've identified or, simply learning a new technique.View more work samples